Remember back when life was simpler and all the advertising you needed to do was purchasing ad space in the local phone book?
Well, things have definitely changed since then.
Now there are 100’s of important online places to promote your business on.
Local search is booming right now and is becoming a critical part of any small business marketing strategy.
Below are several compelling reasons why your business needs local SEO:
Local Consumers Rely on the Internet:
- 97% of consumers use the internet when researching local products/services (BIA/Kelsey)
- 54% of Americans have substituted the Internet and local search instead of phone books
More Users = More Searchers = More Customers!
- At least 140 billion local searches (on desktop & mobile) performed in 2017.
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local business information
Having a Website Is Essential, But It’s Just a Start
- 36% of respondents say that a clear & smart website gives a local business more credibility
- 32% of consumers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a website
It’s Crucial To Be Visible & Prominent On The Web
- 98% of searchers choose a business that is on page 1 of the results they get
Your Reputation Matters!
- 88% of consumers consult online reviews before they purchase local services
Consumers Trust What They Read Online
- 88% of consumers trust an online review as much as personal recommendations
Consumers Make Quick Decisions On Who To Use
- 77% of smartphone users contact a business after looking for local information
- 59% of mobile users who look for local information visit the business on the same day
Your Existing Customers Are Looking Online
- No. 1 reason for doing an online search is to find the location for a ‘known’ business
Your Customers & Competitors Are Social
- 72% of SMBs are using social media to promote their businesses
- Seven out of ten consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a social media site
And Consider This!
- 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.
- 54% of Americans have substituted local search for the phone book
- SEO LEADs have 15% close rate, on par with the close rate for direct traffic, and ahead of referrals (9%), paid search (7%), social media (4%), and outbound leads (2%)
- Over 2.6 Billion local searches are performed monthly and that number grows more than 50% each year
- 61% of searchers consider local results to be more relevant and useful than standard search results
Local SEO is the Smarter Way To Go
When you compare Local SEO with PPC, you’ll find that 40% of SEO campaigns tracking ROI achieved a 500% or better return on investment compared with just 22% of PPC campaigns achieving the same level success.
Would you like a local SEO assessment?
We can help with that!